BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 30, 2009

Challenge Your Faith

I came across this website and ended up spending an exorbitant amount of time on it. I encourage you to check it out, and please don't exit in righteous indignation. Maybe I'm the only one who likes to challenge my faith, but I'm really into apologetics right now and reading these arguments from real people has been very enlightening. It's not enough for me to be able to ramble off a list of facts that I memorized from one of my books, I need to have real answers to real questions. There were some things on there that I have been taught the truth about but there were other things that I don't know how to argue with at this point, but I'm going to search until I find answers. So, if you go there and know all the answers to their objections, maybe you could teach me something.
I'm not endorsing any of this or anything, I just don't want to stay in my little bubble of church and Christianity where I am no help to anyone. I like knowing what atheists are saying, otherwise I'll never be able to assist anyone who has these doubts.

http://www.evilbible.com/


In my own pilgrimage, if I have to choose between a faith that has stared doubt in the eye and made it blink, or a naive faith that has never known the firing line of doubt, I will choose the former every time.
-Gary Parker

2 comments:

Rissy said...

Ok, I just went to 'pick new template' and used the template that they give you called minima dark, then I went to 'page elements' and edited the header to put a picture instead of text. The picture I used, I did myself on windows paint. So I can't tell you where to find good ones, but that's what I did if you want to try it.
And how to spell moccasins, you came to the right person =D

That site is really interesting too. I think more people should be interested in all that. Someone was talking to me about it, he was really smart and I knew nothing.

Ok, sorry I wrote a book.

Ken said...

Large portions of evilbible.com have been considered, dissected and declared fallacious on very many levels.

Two examples of this fact are as follows:

Whilst besmirching the Bible for allegedly commanding rape evilbible.com, for some odd reason, neglects to mention the most relevant biblical text related to the biblical view of and law about rape. Why this omission? Who knows, but it would certainly have gotten in the way of a good session of emotive expression of prejudice—it would have discredited evilbible.com to reference this most important text. Indeed, those annoying little facts have an annoying way of getting in the way of good fallacious assertions.

Whilst besmirching the Bible for allegedly commanding human sacrifice evilbible.com, for some odd reason, neglects to mention that the Bible does not command but condemns human sacrifice. Evilbible.com, for some odd reason, neglects to mention that when the Bible reports that human sacrifices did take place they were carried out by Gentile Pagans who were not worshiping the God of the Bible but various false gods. When “Jews” were performing human sacrifices it was only when they turned away from the God of the Bible and joined Gentile Pagans in worshiping various false gods. Yet, in typical militant activist atheist fashion, evilbible.com does not condemn Gentile Pagans but only condemns the Jews.

Specific evidence is found here .